NABUCCO - Natural Gas Pipeline Project Between Ankara – Turkish/Bulgarian Border Pipeline Section Engineering Services
|Client||NABUCCO Gas Pipeline Int. GmbH|
|Partner||SEBAT Proje Müh. Müş. Tic. Ltd. Şti. (Turkey)|
|Duration of Services||2009 - 2012|
Brief Description of the Project :
The Nabucco Natural Gas Pipeline Project covers high-pressurized pipeline and associated structures for transmission of natural gas 31 billion m³/y, scheduled for supply from the Middle East and Caspian countries for 50 years, to Austria via Turkey-Bulgaria-Romania-Hungary.
The pipeline length is approximately 4,000 km, starting at the Georgian/Turkish and/or Iraqi/Turkish border respectively, leading to Baumgarten in Austria.
Nabucco Pipeline Turkish Section including the Feeder lines is totally app. 2,500 km.
The main figures of the Ankara (Ahiboz) – Turkish/Bulgarian border (Kırklareli) of the Nabucco Pipeline are as follows:
Section : Ankara (Ahiboz) to the Turkish/Bulgarian border (Kırklareli)
Section length : 760 km
Pipeline Diameter : 56” (DN 1.400),
MAOP : 100 barg
- Compressor Station: 4 Nos.
- Block Valve Stations: 22 Nos block valve stations
- Isolation Valve Stations: 2 nos, one on each side of the Marmara Sea Crossing.
- Take off Station near Bursa: includes metering and pressure reduction facilities.
- Metering Station at the Bulgarian Border.
- Pigging launcher and receiver facilities: 5 Nos., including Pig Stations in Compressor Stations CS 4, CS5 and CS7 to be constructed in future, in Metering Station on the Bulgarian Border and individual Pig Station on the European side of the Marmara Sea crossing.
Scope of Services:
Detailed route surveys (in the light of basic criteria, e.g. ecological, sociological, topographical, economical criteria and ease of construction), and determining the final pipeline axis,
As a part of geodesic and photogrammetric studies along the full length of pipeline route, stripwise map production on the basis of ortho-photo and LIDAR procedures, and preparation of plane-charts for special structure and river crossings and on sites of above-ground installation (AGIs) (e.g. compressor stations, pipeline valves, metering stations, pigging stations etc.),
Bathymetric, oceanographic, geotechnic and environmental studies along the sea crossing section,
For the whole route, including sites of AGIs, implementation of a comprehensive geotechnical investigation programme and preparation of engineering geology reports,
Carrying out specific hydrological studies on river crossing along the full length of pipeline,
Engineering design and preparation of construction technical specifications and BoQs for the pipeline (onshore + offshore), structures / techniques of intersections with other facilities as well as for the AGIs (e.g. compressor stations, pipeline valves, metering stations, pigging stations etc.),
For the complete pipeline, cathodic protection (against corrosion) design, and providing support to SCADA operation system design,
Preparation of land acquisition plans and drawings comprising the complete pipeline route, further to carrying out land ownership valuation studies,
EIA Studies as per the local legislation of each country and obtaining EIA “No Objection” decision; furthermore, preparation of the national section of the “Consolidated Project Environmental and Social Impact Report” to be submitted to international financing institutions,
Contacts with associated public institutions and agencies, and obtaining legal permissions, along the pipeline route, and
Data acquisition for recording in the GIS developed for 5 transit countries, and recording the data in the Project Data Platform.
- Hydroelectric Power Plants
- Oil & Natural Gas
- TANAP - Trans Anatolian Natural Gas Pipeline Project
- NABUCCO Natural Gas Pipeline Project Between Turkish/Georgian Border (Posof) - Ankara Pipeline Section Engineering Services
- NABUCCO - Natural Gas Pipeline Project Between Ankara – Turkish/Bulgarian Border Pipeline Section Engineering Services
- NABUCCO - Turkey – Austria Natural Gas Pipeline Project Turkish Section Engineering Services and Feasibility Study
- Wind Energy