Azerbaijan, Irrigation Distribution System and Management Improvement Project (IDSMIP) Component 1: International Technical Assistance for WUA Support Units
|Client||Republic of Azerbaijan
Amelioration and Water Farm Open Joint Stock Co. (AWFOJSC)
|Partner||Arcadis Euroconsult (Holland)|
|Duration of Services||2005 - Ongoing|
Brief Description of the Project:
Objective of the project as the Component 1 of Azerbaijan Irrigation Water Distribution System and Management Development Project (IDSMIP) is to increase the effectiveness of irrigation water distribution and management further to developing the financial feasibility in 11 regions covering 56.000 ha and approximately 45 nos Water Users Associations (WUAs).
Under the project, technical support to WUAs and Amelioration and Water Farm Open Joint Stock Company (AWFOJSC) is provided. Technical Support team is composed of experts of WUA development, WUA promotion and training, finance, legislation, monitoring and evaluation, on-field operation and maintenance, and construction supervision.
These experts provide support to Central Support Units in preparation and introduction of WUA support programme, preparation of training materials, and training of trainers who, in general, are the staff of rayon support units. The team also directs the WUA support unit staff during establishment and re-registration process and during initial stages of support to WUAs.
Scope of Services:
- Technical Assistance
- Construction Supervision
- Dams and Water Resources
- Irrigation & Drainage Systems
- Water Resources Planning
- River Rehabilitation & Flood Protection
- Agricultural Development Planning & Training
- Azerbaijan, Irrigation Distribution System and Management Improvement Project (IDSMIP) Component 1: International Technical Assistance for WUA Support Units
- Azerbaijan Agricultural Development and Credit Project
- GAP Şanlıurfa – Harran Plains On-Farm and Village Development Project
- Agricultural Development Planning & Training - Other References