Edirne Çakmak Dam Irrigation, Preparation of Revised Planning Report
|Client||DSİ 11th Regional Directorate - Edirne|
|Duration of Services||2010 - 2012|
Brief Description of the Project:
Çakmak Dam Irrigation project area is situated within boundaries of Uzunköprü and Meriç sub-provinces of Edirne province and Pehlivanköy sub-province of Kırklareli province.
Objective of the Project is to supply irrigation water to bottom and hillside arable lands of total gross 52.140 ha, by using water potential of the Meriç River in Meriç basin and also by storing in Çakmak Dam, of which construction is in progress, the Meriç River water in winter for utilization in irrigation period when the river water potential is low. The Project comprises the following structures.
Çakmak Dam Water Intake Structures
Çakmak Dam Water Intake structures include transmission channel A, branching off at Km:4+015 of transmission channel A2, and pumping station P2-B at the end of transmission channel.
Irrigation Canals and Network
A) Bottom Lands
Total 14.300 ha land is the gravity irrigation area to be supplied water from pumping stations P1 and P1-M at stage 1. The area will be irrigated via irrigation system consisting of traditional primary canals and low-pressure piped irrigation network.
B) Hillside Lands
Total 37.840 ha land will be irrigated by water to be pumped at stage 2. The system for irrigation of hillside land consists of traditional primary canals and medium and low-pressure piped network.
For the pumping stations within scope of Çakmak Dam Irrigation Revised Planning Report, total installed power is 40 550kW and annual total power consumption is 75 000 000kWh.
1/5000-scale ptohogrammetric mapping at 1/1000-scale precision on gross 22.000 ha area was performed within scope of the “Preparation of Çakmak Dam Irrigation Revised Planning Report” work.
Scope of Services:
- Photogrammetric mapping
- Planning revision studies
- Dams and Water Resources
- Irrigation & Drainage Systems
- Water Resources Planning
- DSİ Region 02 GÖLSU Projects Planning and Design Services – Part 1
- DSİ Region 02 GÖLSU Projects Planning and Design Services – Part 2
- Gümüşhane Province Small Dams Irrigation Planning and Design Services – Part 2
- GÖLSU Manisa Province Projects Planning Engineering Services, Part 2
- Balıkesir Balya Small Dams Planning Engineering Services
- Sakarya Province, Kütahya Province and Bilecik Province Lagoons Planning Engineering Services
- GÖLSU İzmir Province Projects Planning Engineering Services – Part 2
- Planning Reports for Kahramanmaraş Small Dams and Irrigations
- Giresun Province Lagoons & Irrigations Preparation of Planning Report, Part 1
- Bakırçay Basin Lagoons & Irrigations Planning Engineering Services
- Uşak Province Eşme Sub-province Lagoons & Irrigations Planning Engineering Services
- DSI 22nd Regional Directorate Lagoons and Irrigations Planning Engineering Services
- Edirne Çakmak Dam Irrigation, Preparation of Revised Planning Report
- Uşak Sub-Provincial Plains Irrigation Planning Engineering Services
- Manisa - Kula - Çelengöz Dam, Planning Engineering Services
- Kahramanmaraş - Adatepe & Karakuz Irrigation Planning Revision Engineering Services
- Manisa Kırkağaç Project, Aydıncık Dam Planning Engineering Services
- Ankara Şereflikoçhisar Peçenek Dam Irrigation Planning Revision and Detail Design Services
- Tunca (Suakacağı) Dam and HEPP Irrigation Project Basic Data Collection, Planning & Design Engineering Services
- Küçük Menderes (Small Maiandros River) Project, Uladı Dam Planning Engineering Services
- Bartın – Arıt - Kozcağız Basic Data Collection and Planning Project
- Filyos Creek Basin Master Plan Revision and Planning Project
- Water Resources Planning - Other References
- River Rehabilitation & Flood Protection
- Agricultural Development Planning & Training