Bakırçay Basin Lagoons & Irrigations Planning Engineering Services
|Client||DSİ 2nd Regional Directorate - İzmir|
|Duration of Services||2011 - 2012|
Brief Description of the Project:
Project sites comprise the lands in Bergama, Aliağa and Foça sub-provinces of İzmir province and Kırkağaç sub-province of Manisa province in the Aegean Region of Turkey.
The project includes the following irrigations;
İzmir Bergama Karalar Lagoon & Irrigation: Clay core rockfill-type lagoon, 35,50 m high from foundation, will supply irrigation water to gross 172 ha arable land.
İzmir Bergama Tekkedere Lagoon & Irrigation: Clay core rockfill-type lagoon, 27,00 m high from foundation, will supply irrigation water to gross 81 ha arable land.
İzmir Aliağa Yenişakran Lagoon & Irrigation: Zoned earthfill-type lagoon, 21,00 m high from foundation, will supply irrigation water to gross 61 ha arable land.
Manisa Kırkağaç Çilingir Diversion: The proposed Çilingir Weir and Transmission Channel will contribute to water potential of Bakır Lagoon reservoir in the neighbour basin.
İzmir Foça Arpaçay Lagoon & Irrigation: Zoned earthfill-type lagoon, 17,60 m high from foundation, will supply irrigation water to gross 42 ha arable land.
Planning reports were prepared separately for lagoons for which Preliminary Study Reports are available. Planning studies were carried out in two phases.
1. Intermediate Report / Preliminary Study Report
Studies included determining the types and capacities of contractual structures and selecting the technically and economically optimum project formulation. In this phase of studies, “Engineering Hydrology Report”, “Agricultural Economy and Land Acquisition Report”, “Engineering Geology and Natural Construction Materials Report” further to “Land Classification and Drainage Report” at planning level were prepared, and mapping services for lagoon axis sites and reservoir area were provided.
2. Planning Report
Following approval by the Client of the preliminary study reports on lagoons, planning studies were commenced on the basis of formulation agreed with DSİ. The EIA studies for each lagoon were performed, Project Introductory Files were prepared and “EIA Is Not Required” certificates were obtained. Cost estimates and economical analysis were performed and “Planning Reports on Bakırçay Basin Lagoons and Irrigations” and appendices thereto were prepared.
Scope of Services:
- Planning studies
- Dams and Water Resources
- Irrigation & Drainage Systems
- Water Resources Planning
- DSİ Region 02 GÖLSU Projects Planning and Design Services – Part 1
- DSİ Region 02 GÖLSU Projects Planning and Design Services – Part 2
- Gümüşhane Province Small Dams Irrigation Planning and Design Services – Part 2
- GÖLSU Manisa Province Projects Planning Engineering Services, Part 2
- Balıkesir Balya Small Dams Planning Engineering Services
- Sakarya Province, Kütahya Province and Bilecik Province Lagoons Planning Engineering Services
- GÖLSU İzmir Province Projects Planning Engineering Services – Part 2
- Planning Reports for Kahramanmaraş Small Dams and Irrigations
- Giresun Province Lagoons & Irrigations Preparation of Planning Report, Part 1
- Bakırçay Basin Lagoons & Irrigations Planning Engineering Services
- Uşak Province Eşme Sub-province Lagoons & Irrigations Planning Engineering Services
- DSI 22nd Regional Directorate Lagoons and Irrigations Planning Engineering Services
- Edirne Çakmak Dam Irrigation, Preparation of Revised Planning Report
- Uşak Sub-Provincial Plains Irrigation Planning Engineering Services
- Manisa - Kula - Çelengöz Dam, Planning Engineering Services
- Kahramanmaraş - Adatepe & Karakuz Irrigation Planning Revision Engineering Services
- Manisa Kırkağaç Project, Aydıncık Dam Planning Engineering Services
- Ankara Şereflikoçhisar Peçenek Dam Irrigation Planning Revision and Detail Design Services
- Tunca (Suakacağı) Dam and HEPP Irrigation Project Basic Data Collection, Planning & Design Engineering Services
- Küçük Menderes (Small Maiandros River) Project, Uladı Dam Planning Engineering Services
- Bartın – Arıt - Kozcağız Basic Data Collection and Planning Project
- Filyos Creek Basin Master Plan Revision and Planning Project
- Water Resources Planning - Other References
- River Rehabilitation & Flood Protection
- Agricultural Development Planning & Training