Gümüşhane Province Small Dams Irrigation Planning and Design Services – Part 2
|Client||DSİ 22nd Regional Directorate - Trabzon|
|Duration of Services||2012 - 2016|
Brief Description of the Project:
Project areas comprise partly the lands of Kelkit and Şiran Sub-provinces of Gümüşhane Province in the Black Sea Region of Turkey.
Project structures are namely;
Gümüşhane Kelkit Günbatur Small Dam and Irrigation: The Small Dam of zoned earthfill type and 39 m high from foundation will supply irrigation water to 188 ha of gross arable land.
Gümüşhane Şiran Yayla Small Dam and Irrigation: The Small Dam of rockfill type and 32.50 m high from foundation will supply irrigation water to 140 ha of gross arable land.
Gümüşhane Şiran Yeşildağ Small Dam and Irrigation: The Small Dam of rockfill type and 39 m high from foundation will supply irrigation water to 140 ha of gross arable land.
Gümüşhane Kelkit Ağılköy Small Dam and Irrigation: The Small Dam of rockfill type and 36 m high from foundation will supply irrigation water to 113 ha of gross arable land.
Gümüşhane Şiran Karatepe Small Dam and Irrigation: The Small Dam of rockfill type and 46 m high from foundation will supply irrigation water to 392 ha of gross arable land.
Planning reports and drawings were prepared individually for Small Dams for which Preliminary Study reports are available. Planning studies were carried out at two stages.
1. Preliminary Study Reports
Studies for determining types and capacities of contractual structures and for defining the project formulation was performed at this stage and results of studies were compiled in “Preliminary Study Report” which was submitted to DSI. Detailed planning studies will be proceeded with upon approval of the proposed project formulation by DSI. At Preliminary Study Report stage, Engineering Hydrology Reports for Small Dams, Agricultural Economy Interim Reports and Pre-Study Land Classification Reports were submitted to the Client and were approved.
1/1000 scale digital maps for Small Dam axial sites and reservoir area and 1/2000-scale digital maps for irrigation areas were prepared. Small Dam axial site exploration drillings and natural building material investigation programs were prepared
2. Planning Report
At the next stage, planning studies on the basis of project formulation selected by DSI upon review of “Preliminary Study Reports” and proposed project formulations were proceeded with. The “Planning Land Classification and Drainage Report” and “Agricultural Economy and Land Acquisition Planning report”, as appendices to Planning Reports, were prepared. Natural construction material investigations, laboratory tests, engineering geology studies and ground investigations, including borehole drilling, were performed and results of studies and investigations were compiled in the “Engineering Geology and Natural Construction Materials Planning Report”.
The EIA studies were performed, Project Introductory File that comprises material sites for each Small Dam was prepared and was submitted to Provincial Directorate of Environment and Urbanization, and “EIA Is Not Required” certificates were obtained.
SMALL DAM FINAL DESIGN
Final design for the Small Dams, of which Planning Reports were approved by the Client, were prepared in accordance with “Technical Specification for Dam Design”. Small Dam Final Design Preparation was carried out according to the following steps.
a) Preliminary Report
Preliminary report was prepared on the basis of comments of the Client in case of necessity for revision of basic formulation proposed in Planning Report.
b) Interim Report
Interim Report was prepared to include the preliminary hydraulic calculations and project formulation.
Design studies, as per the Technical Specification for Dam Design”, were proceeded with after approval of interim design report by the Client. Design studies include all hydraulic / stability analyses, stress and displacement analyses, seepage analyses and dynamic analyses were performed at this stage. Earthquake parameters that would be used for analyses were based on Seismic Risk Evaluation Report that was prepared during planning stage and approved by DSI The Geotechnical Services & Groundwater Department.
Relocation road designs for service road, material site access road, construction site access road that would be necessary during construction and roads within the Small Dam reservoir were carried out within this scope.
Irrigation designs comprise construction of irrigation and drainage designs of aforementioned Small Dams based on application and comprise preparation of expropriation plans. Designs of irrigation network (main, auxiliary and tertiary pipelines), surface and deep drainage network and any kind of engineering structure designs and detail designs of these networks were prepared. Land acquisition plans for Small Dam axis, reservoir area, Small Dam access road, if any, relocation road, and access roads to stockyard, raw material area and quarries were prepared and approved by DSI.
After approval of the Preliminary Report, Irrigation and Drainage Detail Drawings for all irrigation and drainage networks along routes technically and economically, deemed appropriate by the Client, were prepared. Mapping was already done for Irrigation and Drainage Network.
Scope of Services:
- Planning studies
- Small Dam Final Design
- Irrigation Detail Design
- Dams and Water Resources
- Irrigation & Drainage Systems
- Water Resources Planning
- DSİ Region 02 GÖLSU Projects Planning and Design Services – Part 1
- DSİ Region 02 GÖLSU Projects Planning and Design Services – Part 2
- Gümüşhane Province Small Dams Irrigation Planning and Design Services – Part 2
- GÖLSU Manisa Province Projects Planning Engineering Services, Part 2
- Balıkesir Balya Small Dams Planning Engineering Services
- Sakarya Province, Kütahya Province and Bilecik Province Lagoons Planning Engineering Services
- GÖLSU İzmir Province Projects Planning Engineering Services – Part 2
- Planning Reports for Kahramanmaraş Small Dams and Irrigations
- Giresun Province Lagoons & Irrigations Preparation of Planning Report, Part 1
- Bakırçay Basin Lagoons & Irrigations Planning Engineering Services
- Uşak Province Eşme Sub-province Lagoons & Irrigations Planning Engineering Services
- DSI 22nd Regional Directorate Lagoons and Irrigations Planning Engineering Services
- Edirne Çakmak Dam Irrigation, Preparation of Revised Planning Report
- Uşak Sub-Provincial Plains Irrigation Planning Engineering Services
- Manisa - Kula - Çelengöz Dam, Planning Engineering Services
- Kahramanmaraş - Adatepe & Karakuz Irrigation Planning Revision Engineering Services
- Manisa Kırkağaç Project, Aydıncık Dam Planning Engineering Services
- Ankara Şereflikoçhisar Peçenek Dam Irrigation Planning Revision and Detail Design Services
- Tunca (Suakacağı) Dam and HEPP Irrigation Project Basic Data Collection, Planning & Design Engineering Services
- Küçük Menderes (Small Maiandros River) Project, Uladı Dam Planning Engineering Services
- Bartın – Arıt - Kozcağız Basic Data Collection and Planning Project
- Filyos Creek Basin Master Plan Revision and Planning Project
- Water Resources Planning - Other References
- River Rehabilitation & Flood Protection
- Agricultural Development Planning & Training