Azerbaijan, Velvelichay – Tahtakorpu Conveyance Canal
|Client||Mitsubishi Co. (Japan)|
|Duration of Services||1999 – 2000|
Brief Description of the Project:
Main objective of the project has been to formulate an optimum solution to satisfy the irrigation requirement of the existing nearly 150 000 ha area under operation as well as a new area of 34 000 ha for the future irrigation projects, water supply demand of the Absheron Peninsula (domestic and industrial water) and power generation in order to maximize the benefit of the project.
Project components; Hydrology Report, Engineering Geology Report, Environmental Impact Assessment Report and Feasibility Report.
Feasibility Report including;
- Designing at planning level and cost estimation of the conveyance canal (44 km) to the Tahtaköprü Dam,
- Designing at planning level and cost estimation of the Tahtaköprü Dam and HEPP,
- Designing of tail water connection canal of the Tahtaköprü HEPP to Samur Absheron Canal,
- Defining the domestic and industrial water supply of the Absheron Peninsula.
Scope of Services :
- Preparation of Hydrology Report, Engineering Geology Report, Environmental Impact Assessment Report and Feasibility Report,
- Planning Studies.
- Dams and Water Resources
- Irrigation & Drainage Systems
- Water Users Association Development Support Project (WUAP)
- Tunca (Suakacağı) Dam and HEPP Irrigation Project
- Azerbaijan Irrigation Distribution System and Management Improvement Project (IDSMIP)
- Libya, Sirt END and Sirt B Pump Stations
- Azerbaijan, Velvelichay – Tahtakorpu Conveyance Canal
- Azerbaijan, Khanarc Canal Project
- Atabey and Keçiborlu Plains Irrigation Project
- Mardin - Ceylanpınar Plains Irrigation Project
- Irrigation & Drainage Systems - Other References
- Water Resources Planning
- River Rehabilitation & Flood Protection
- Agricultural Development Planning & Training